By Egbon Barnie
As an artiste, you need to take time and reflect on your art and craft. Are you progressing or are you where u have been for years? Are you not tired so much money to record a song, mix and master your songs and then after release it remains on your friend’s phone and then you go back again and release another one and the cycle continues.
Here are some tips for you.
1. When you record a song send it to 5-10 of your trusted peeps that u believe know what good music is to give you a feedback.
2. If feedback is good, get ready for the next steps. If feedback is not good enough go back and do some more work. It could be working on the auto tune, taking it to another producer or sound engineer to mix and master or even do a new production in all.
3. Get a reliable blogger. I beg you in the name of God don’t put ur song on a blog that after 6 months the link has expired. Ensure you save some money for blogging and promotion. Get a blogger that will post ur song, give you a link and still promote it on his or her social media handles for sometime
4. If you can, do a short video clip with a good phone or if u can afford a camera. There are free editing software these days that u can make use of. If you can afford a software u can buy and use Google to learn and practice how to make use of it. Remember, practice makes perfect.
5. Post this video on your social media account and spend a little money to promote them. It’s very cheap to promote your content on FB. With 1000 you can reach up to 5000 persons.
Don’t be in a rush to release a song. Each song is supposed to be a project of its own. If you want to build a house, u don’t wake up one day and build, you save for some time. That’s how you should treat your music, save some money anytime you want to release a song.
If you have a lot of songs and some money, I advise you release 1 song in every four months. Use two months to promote the songs till it goes everywhere then release another one. That’s two songs in a year.
It’s just peace of advise, I hope it makes sense to you.